Hugo is a static site generator. It is written in Go and is extremely fast.
This course (soon to be available in English) is aimed at Web developers who wish to use Hugo to create, deploy, and automate the maintenance of a static Web site.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- install and configure Hugo;
- understand why static websites are faster, more secure, and easier to manage than database-driven CMS websites hosted on frameworks such as WordPress;
- use the Markdown language to write Web content;
- use Hugo to quickly generate HTML / CSS pages;
- adopt a clean, structured folder structure to organize Web site content and related files;
- create a Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline to automate the process of generating and uploading HTML files to a host server;